Best Way To Learn?

Alien

Whats the best way do you think to learn HTML and CSS? I've been reading tutorials etc, but i think it would be better to somehow write it down so it gets into my head more, any ideas? Tips? methods you used?

Give yourself little projects to do. Here's the most common. A page with a banner on the top, a footer on the bottom, and two sections in between: a smaller one for navigation, and a larger one for content. Give each part an appropriately-sized heading. Play with background colors at first. Then play with background images.

I would definitly agree with deirdre's dad, just try and make little websites it gives u alot of insight in how it works. You will most likely stumble upon problems, but with getting problems u get more knowledge :)

see if anyone has a site (simple at first) that you could make for free for them. See what kind of ideas they have about layout, color, navigation, etc and see if you can create it for them. Or try and recreate another site you like.

Read the XHTML and CSS tutorials on w3schools.com study the examples. make small sites. nothing dynamic just static pages at the beginning. and take notes, lots of notes.Start simple. make a site with a banner and a menu. and then apply some CSS to it. You will find it all on w3schools.com/mads

Well I would say that the best way is here for you on this website! (W3 Schools!). The start is from the very scratch and the lessons are very clear and easy to understand. I think that here is the best way to start. Once you know a bit, I would do what someone above suggested, which is setting yourself little projects to make, and if you cant get a certain thing, find out and research about it on the internet. Google is always helpful, but also this website can answer MANY questions.Good Luck with your learning!

Archived