Help Understanding The Basics.

blocker

Ive been reading and trying to learn javascript for the past week.Im struggling understand even the basics:If i was running a script from the URL bar and wanted to add values to a form, how would I add the set values into the particular boxes?. Also how do i choose certain links from a number of links on the same page and open them in tabs?.I just not getting the basics to be able to do these myself, I read tutorials, where am i going wrong? I want to minupulate web pages that are not my own, Not add brains inside my web pages.If that is what these some of these tutorials are trying to show me, why am i not getting it?.

Well if you're just learning javascript just try to do simple things. Do not mess with the DOM.

That may be, but you said it yourself you're just starting with javascript. You should first read the javascript tutorial on this website and practise it. You are trying to modify the DOM well that would take some experience aswell.Here something that may help you but you should be able to do that yourself:

var inputBox = document.getElementById("id of the text input box");inputBox.value = inputBox.value + (the number at which you want to increase);// Note this makes actually no sense because u could also edit it by just typing in that box??

A phrase like "minipulate webpages" can mean many different things to different people.You'll get better answers if you (1) ask one question per thread and (2) print out the code you're using, explain what you expected, and explain what actually happens, or (3) describe in very specific detail what you want to do.

Archived