Browse by the other user

chan_karan

what setting should i need to do if i want to share this website (asp) to the other??i try to use the ip address instead of my localhost, but it still not work.Can any one help me to solve this problem??
Once the website is installed on your IIS, anyone can access it by typinghttp://yourIP/name_of_site/ in their browser...is the "other" on your LAN or connecting from the Internet?if it is from the LAN then "yourIP" must be the LAN IPelse "yourIP" is the IP you connect to the Internet with.

thank you for your reply.I have shared my folder and let the other people to browse on it, but it still not work, did i need to config some of the component.Besides, my folder became a read-only folder after i shared the file, i can't change it back to non read-only, why??Please help help me to solve this problem , thank you very much¬¬

I have shared my folder and let the other people to browse on it, but it still not work, did i need to config some of the component.
DO NOT SHARE your folder !!! this is a hazardous action an it makes you vulnerable to outside attaks !!Define a web site in IIS and allow all or some IP's to acces it !! That should be enough!read some tutorial on installing IIS and defining a website on your localhost.