background image problems

clueless

Am getting more and more frustrated about this! I'm just trying to create an image as the background to my webpage, using the 'background-image' property in CSS.I've tried everything I can think of but it still won't work. There may just be a problem somewhere else, however the code in my style sheet looks like this:

body{background-image: url(arthur.jpg)}
What am i doing wrong? Is there some vital piece of info I'm missing?!thanks

Am getting more and more frustrated about this!  I'm just trying to create an image as the background to my webpage, using the 'background-image' property in CSS.I've tried everything I can think of but it still won't work.  There may just be a problem somewhere else, however the code in my style sheet looks like this:What am i doing wrong?  Is there some vital piece of info I'm missing?!thanks

I'm not sure what the problem these could be it:image not in same file as the webpagedo you have <style type="text/css"></style> or external file correctly coded?

Have you remembered to type <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" /> if you have an extarnal stylesheet?

Yes, I had done all the above.. Oddly enough I tried viewing on a different computer (before it was with a Mac, this time it's a PC) and it works fine.????!!!!!Thanks for your help anyway

Am getting more and more frustrated about this!  I'm just trying to create an image as the background to my webpage, using the 'background-image' property in CSS.I've tried everything I can think of but it still won't work.  There may just be a problem somewhere else, however the code in my style sheet looks like this:What am i doing wrong?  Is there some vital piece of info I'm missing?!thanks

try this
body{background-image: url('arthur.jpg')}