Phone # Link For Cell Phones To Call

Guest Talravan

Guest Talravan

So someone wants to call your organization but they are away from the computer and away from any phone book. They do have Internet on their phone so navigation to your site is quite easy. Scrolling to the bottom and finding your number in the footer is also easy. Normally it is easy to remember that number, cancel out of the mobile browser, get back to the phone function and dial that number, but memories are not always the great. Plus, would it not save time by providing a link that when pressed would make the phone automatically dial that number? If it exists I guess it would be something similar to the method of hyperlinking an email address. The link is clicked and an email opens, email address already inserted.So my question is, is there a way to create a link that when clicked on (by a cell phone) will make that device dial that number?

I'm pretty sure most mobiles, when they see a number, if you bring it into focus, give you an option to use the number, either to store or to call.

Guest FirefoxRocks

With Skype, iCall or other telephony software, you can do this:

<a href="callto:+18002684686">Ontario Ministry of Transportation</a>

I'm not sure if the format is correct, but it uses the callto: protocol.

Archived