Leaving Comments

e4games

You ask the question as if a single statement will do it. Not so. You will need an HTML form in your browser document, and your script will need to parse the form data and store it somewhere, like a file or a database. So your storage choice will make a big difference in the code, and you will need to write the form AND the script for storing the input. You may also want some validating filters in both your browser document and the script.In other words, there is no "code." Every developer's solution to this problem will look a little bit different, depending on the specific requirements and resources available.So: if you have a form, post it. Explain whether you plan to use a database (and which one) or a file. If it's a database, post your code for accessing the database, so we'll know if we have to teach you that also, or if you already know how to do it. If you want to use a file, explain how you want to organize it. You should also identify your version of PHP, since some convenient file functions are available in later versions that are not available in earlier versions.

AAAAAAAHHH....I don't get all this database things and forms and all this...for some reason Idon't get it and I've been over php 4 times...I've been over HTML 3 times and javascript twice! When you say database that doesn't help because when ever I try to write something ends up wrong! Everything I do there's ALWAYS a error message...I should probably quit becuase I can't do it...there's no hope :)

If that's the attitude you want to take, fine, but there are people younger than you able to do this stuff when they apply themselves. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you've been "over PHP" 4 times, but PHP is a massive language with a lot of features, I doubt that you could go over the language 4 times and at the end of it not be able to write code without errors. Learning a programming language requires serious study, it's not something you can go over here and there and expect to eventually learn about it. You need to practice it as you're learning it. If you get an error, you need to figure out what the error means, why your code produced that error, and how to fix it. It seems like you give up pretty easily, in the other thread you said you downloaded 1 file from php.net, that it wasn't what you expected, and therefore you see php.net as "completely useless". You need to have a more open mind than that if you want to be able to pick this stuff up. If you don't care, fine, but if you want to learn that's why we're here.

One of the best things we do here is look at people's code and suggest ways to improve it. Talking about ideas can be helpful at times, but it sounds like you just need to post some code that isn't working and get some feedback. If you want to start with some mysql stuff, someone here can help.

Archived