Graphics Section

bartoszwozniak

I think that one thing, that W3Schools lacks is a graphics section. Both on the forum and on the website. I love graphics and I would also love to be a moderator of the graphics section. I could gladly post tutorials on there (both, found on the internet and my own) and I think that it would be a great idea. I understand that the chance of me becoming a mod is not very big, since I have not been on the forum long, but I hope that they would give me a shot.But anyway, yeah I think that there should be a graphics section, where people can get tutorials, show off their work, get ratings and criticism, and maybe ask for help or ask someone to make them some graphics.I hope you consider this idea

I guess the closest thing we have to a graphics forum would be the multimedia forum. Whether we need a graphics forum or not is open to discussion.As for you wanting to be a moderator, to create tutorials and such: I think you may have misunderstood the point of having a moderator. A moderator is not a content creator and not there to lead discussion and create topics. Meaning whether you like graphics or not, or are good or bad at it, is irrelevant to what you'd be doing as a moderator. Now, we so far have not had a single-forum moderator on this forum. Nor do we really see the need to, as it might and probably would cause more confusion to newer members on who to contact about certain issues, when a some moderators only have "powers" or editing tools in certain forums. Further, a "hierarchy" of posters would be the very opposite of what we want, when really we are just members with the ability to deal with spam and otherwise objectionable content. The rules are mostly a combination of w3schools and Invision Power Board (the forum software) Terms of Use, and we have just been chosen to uphold them. When we're not caught up with that, we are regular posters, and our opinions on webdeveloping don't hold any bigger weight than any other poster. All that matters in the end is what advice works.Posters here are very helpful in reporting objectionable threads and posts, which helps us deal with problems quickly, without making a big deal out of it. Of course it helps that the forum is about webdeveloping, which I've never seen develop into very controversial discussion. As such, we are able to cover the ground quite well, and have not seen the need to get more moderator. Currently there are members with a long history on these boards who we know would be great moderators if only they accepted a request to take on the responsibility, and we are most likely to ask them when it becomes necessary. The best way really to become "worthy" is to just post normally, show that you understand the rules, have a steady commitment to the forum, and don't be overzealous in trying to get "noticed".Finally, if the time comes that we need more moderators, the ultimate deciding factor beyond the above will be what time zone you're in.

Ok well, I understand about the moderator position, and I do know what youre saying, since I use to have my own forum and administrate it. With about 200 people. I know this is not much but still. And to the graphics forum, I think that yeah, we do need one.

Most graphics questions are going to be best served by forums devoted to specific software packages. There are plenty of Photoshop forums already out there, for example. No sense in duplicating them. IMO.The most relevant graphics questions here would be about filetypes, compression, color matching, rollover techniques, and so on. For now, we can handle that stuff in the general forum.We often get questions that start off, "I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here."It doesn't matter much, I don't think. I never look in the forums. I just hit the View New Posts link, so I see everything. I suspect a lot of the regulars do that. If a question gets asked, it'll get answered.

Archived