Update Once In A Week

laado

I m creating a site in which i have a weekly magazine. the condition is that the magazine update once in a week. can any one help me in this problem.i have no idea about this. because i m beginner in php. please help me urgent

I don't understand - doesn't a human have to update it? You can't get a computer to write the articles for you :).If you want to run a certain action at a certain time, regularly or otherwise, have a look at Cron Jobs (Linux) or Scheduled Tasks (Windows).

no no.suppose there are some articales in my database. and once in a week it will add in my site.

I don't understand - doesn't a human have to update it? You can't get a computer to write the articles for you :).If you want to run a certain action at a certain time, regularly or otherwise, have a look at Cron Jobs (Linux) or Scheduled Tasks (Windows).

Oh right - you can do that with a Cron Job. Just get it to run a PHP script once a week that updates the database.

<?php	//connect to database	$id = implode(mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query("SELECT id FROM articles WHERE published = 0 ORDER BY id LIMIT 1")));	mysql_query("UPDATE articles SET published = 1 WHERE id = $id");?>

Or use a Content Management system that allows you to 'date' your article submissions.sNews CMS will do that. Write the article and give it a Publish date in the future. On that date, the article becomes available for the site viewers.

Archived