Offline Php

Shade

helloI do not want to have a server on my PC, nor do I want to install php, apache bundles etc. Still I need to test php files offline.I used easyphp but it doesn't responds to certain php functions. do you know any alternative way/method for that ?shade.

I'm guessing the link I'm about to give you is what you don't want, however you can only test php pages via a server, as php is a server side language and unfortunately you need to install php to use it (I'm pretty sure..). But if you use windows, and haven't tried wamp, then give it a go : WAMPI find it works well, and if you don't like it it's easy to uninstall.After installing, go to http://localhost/ and copy files you want to use and there you go, easy as pie.If you mean 'offline' php as in you don't need a host, not viewable over the internet etc then yeah wamp can just run 'locally' and it will do the trick.Otherwise I'm not sure of a solution.Sorry about the ramble and hope this helps..

PHP isn't going to integrate with an IDE very well. Since PHP needs a web server to execute, you're not going to get a real-time update in the IDE, about the best you can do is save it and open it in a browser from the server. Your IDE might have a way to automate that with a macro or something.

What is the reason you want to test offline? If it's just that you want it to be secure you could have it only allow your IP or make it so you have to log in (sessions)... if it's because you don't want to pay for a host, here is a free one that allows php and mysql... otherwise the only reason not to do it online is because you do not always have access to the internet?

Archived