How To Be Good Web Developer

golino

hello good ppl in good site its my first topic in here and i realy need ur help guys so lets go >>>i realy want to be good web developer (builder,designer) work with w3c rouls and want u guys to lead me and athers to how to start wat should i learn first and like that all i need from u to put me in the way make plan for noobe :) to be good web developer like u

You have to have interest, make sites, test things with the languages you know. It takes a few years to dominate web development in a professional manner.I've been learning web development since four years ago. When I couldn't solve a probem, I would look on google for the answer and an explanation for it. It's OK to ask questions here, and learn from the answers. I prefer to answer questions that involve learning than questions asking for scripts where the person isn't going to learn and just copy the code.

thx buddy but am wondring how i start it thats all wat i should do i need clear steps to start in ...

thx buddy but am wondring how i start it thats all wat i should do i need clear steps to start in ...
Other than things like the tutorials you'll find on this site, I would recommend that you get and read some books on the subject. There isn't one set of steps that works for everyone. Languages like HTML and CSS are only useful online, you won't use anything you learn for anything other than web pages. Javascript and PHP use concepts that all other programming languages use. So I would put HTML and CSS into one class, the special-purpose markup languages, and Javascript and PHP in another class, general-purpose programming languages. HTML and CSS are not programming languages, so they're a lot easier to learn and understand than real programming languages like Javascript or PHP.

thx lee for ur comment i know my english is bad but u can understand me and "i can talk ur laguage and u cant talk mine" ^^' (learn english good is on my plan 2) ,thx guy for ur comment 2 its realy help but do u think (HTML(XHTML)+css+javascript) are enough 2 building good web site

thx guy u realy help me alot am realy happey but wat about sql do u think ill need it? and 4 now ill learn html then css then javascript then php do u think this good steps ?

hmmm anther good point from guy :) wat u think guy about my learing steps html(xhtml) then css >>js>>>php>>>sql at last ? or wat i should go first

(X)HTML then CSS is definately the right order, then JavaScript gives you some programming basics. I have got the basics of JS, so I've started reading the Ajax Bible, which is a blend of DHTML, some CSS techniques, JS, PHP and XML used to create instantly updated web content, like auto-complete search boxes and chat rooms etc. The curve gets steeper when you hit PHP because you move into the realm of multiple documents working together to display one page in a number of different ways, and Ajax doesn't really help with that: most of the time, you will be calling functions that return encoded content, like XML content or even JavaScript. Fun though.

wat i can say more :) hmmm (do u think php or asp family more powerful and useful for good and big web pages?) and (wat usefull software most of u use to build web pages big small wat ever and work with xhtml+php them all and build for new w3c rouls) at last many many thx to the ppl who try to help me love u guys :)

I remember reading that PHP is more powerful and it is also more wider spread thus better support. You need a web server for you to host your pages. You also need a code editor such as Notepad. I find that HTML-Kit is very functional and free.

thx guys for the comments but wat u mean about photoshop
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/ph.../?promoid=DJDTVprobably the definitive program in picture editing/graphic design.

i know that photoshop important for web designe but wat about flash 4 web pages ?
well, if you want to use flash in your websites, then yeah, it could be important. But you can either make a whole site out of Flash or just some parts of it, so it really depends on how far you want to get into it.

yup good point buddy now if i finsh my study how i start my work i mean how u start to work in this kind of work guys for free or with company or wat ?

i would probably start off doing sites for yourself, figure out what you get and don't get. Then try making some small sites for people you know, see if you can create the ideas that they have. then once you get cozy with HTML/CSS you might want to get into javascript and then ultimately PHP/mySQL.To get paid on your own or for a company, people are going to want to see examples or a portfolio of what you have done. so the short term goal is to be able to do the basics and present them nicely. Once you have that, then you can apply (or you can try getting an internship) or go out on your own.

i would probably start off doing sites for yourself, figure out what you get and don't get. Then try making some small sites for people you know, see if you can create the ideas that they have. then once you get cozy with HTML/CSS you might want to get into javascript and then ultimately PHP/mySQL.To get paid one your own or for a company, people are going to want to see examples or a portfolio of what you have done. so the short term goal is to be able to do the basics and present them nicely. Once you have that, then you can apply (or you can try getting an internship) or go out on your own.
i realy like that thx buddy :) i think nothing in my head to talk about ... so thats all 4 now many many thx to u all :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got interested in web development when I was asked at my internship to create a website...So i started HTML and CSS in notepad, just learning all the tags and trying to make the site look good and professional. Eventually I wanted to make more dynamic sites which peaked my interest in this field and led me to start taking 4 classes at school in web development. This is where I learned html, dreamweaver, css, javascript, coldfusion, php/mysql, ajax, sql in a structured environment. If you can, I reccomend taking classes at school in web development...and not the online classes cuz those tend to ###### in my opinion.

Archived