Firefox Frustration

mandy1111

Other than the parent navigation, everything seems to be showing up. have you found/fixed the problem you have had?And, technically speaking, FF is more standard compliant than IE. So to make a long discussion short, the more standard compliant browsers there are in use the easier our job (as developers) is. IE is more than 3 years old and does support alot of stuff that is not becoming more popular. So many developers have been sucked into IE's propriety tags and functions that are not standards compliant and that makes it harder for people on different platforms (for example MAC) to browse the internet.Let me know if you still have questions about your page - things seem ok on the link you submitted.

lol...it seems to look fine in firefox... until you go and look at it in IE....You have managed to render your css pointless...If you use css, please don't use the attributes width, height, bgcolor, etc in your html tags. You should in fact be aware that those attributes are not valid for some tags anyway. (for example td tag : http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_td.asp read deprecated as DO NOT USE)It is a mess... you should use css to define all your style rules in one place so you can make your changes easier!Anyway... that is just politics I guess..On to getting the results you want (with probably twice the code you need... but... yeah... off the politics...)...The problem is with how you defined your colors. When you use the hexcode triplets to define a color you must precede the numbers with the pound/hash/(whatever else you call it) character. It is a little tricky for the browser to make sure that you put the # so IE is lazy and just assumes - they don't do this to make things easier on you.. trust me.Anyway... to fix your problem just do search and replace in your html file (unless you plan to pull out the color definitions and put them in css, then just make sure you define the colors correctly in css)...replace

.navcell2 a:link {	color: #FFFFFF;	text-decoration: none;	line-height: 30px;	display: block;	background-color: #99CCCC;}.navcell2 a:visited {	color: #FFFFFF;	line-height: 30px;	display: block;	text-decoration: none;	background-color: #99CCCC;}.navcell2 a:hover {	color: FFFFFF;	text-decoration: none;	line-height: 30px;	display: block;	background-color: 999966;}.navcell2 a:active {	color: FFFFFF;	text-decoration: none;	line-height: 30px;	display: block;	background-color: 999966;}

You could easily shorten by taking all the common things and define them using the selector ".navcell2 a" like this:

.navcell2 a{color: #FFFFFF;	text-decoration: none;       	line-height: 30px;	display: block;}.navcell2 a:link {	background-color: #99CCCC;}.navcell2 a:visited {	background-color: #99CCCC;}.navcell2 a:hover {	background-color: #999966;}.navcell2 a:active {	background-color: #999966;}

You could even combine the defintion for a:link and a:visited because they are the same.... and so on...I only mention this because you will need to go through your style sheet anyway, you might want to clean it up so it is easier to work on later!Anyway... hope this helped...

Ditto Skemcin. Whenever you notice a difference between how IE renders your page and how Firefox renders your page, more likely than not IE is the browser that is cutting you some slack. I personally use Firefox as the standard, although I also make sure my pages look fine in IE since it is the browser that is used by most people.As sbrownii pointed out, it's best to use css. The border around your vertical navigation bar on the left is defined in the style attribute in the div tag, and both IE and Firefox display it fine. You can do the same for your table borders. Try using the style attribute in your table and td tags.