Center Footer/background Image

stkr

Hello,I'm trying to line up my footer in the center of my page. In CSS, I've set a background image, as well as the information for my legal notices copyright.Here is the code for my footer:

}#footer {	clear: both;	width: 960px;	height: 50px;	margin: 0 auto;	padding-top: 10px;	border-top: 2px solid #4ba381;	background-image:url(../images/footers/vlfooter.jpg)}#footer p {	margin: 0;	padding: 10;	line-height: normal;	font-size: 77%;}#legal {	float: left;}#links {	float: right;}

Here is the website url: Lost Valley DesignWhile it displays correctly in Firefox, the footer is on the left side in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know how to fix this?Any help is appreciated.

real quickly, it's definitely worth pointing out that you don't have a doctype defined for your page, and as such it is liable to make things in IE come out wacky.

For older versions of Internet Explorer, aside from margin: 0 auto, you have to put the footer inside a container with text-align: center;

Thanks so much to the both of you!! I defined a doctype and it shaped right up! I also added the text-align: center; to my CSS document just in case. Thanks again!

Really nice looking site, and the cycling background images in the photography section is a nice touch. Great pics, too. What sort of camera do you use?

Really nice looking site, and the cycling background images in the photography section is a nice touch. Great pics, too. What sort of camera do you use?

I have one of those, too, as well as an EOS 450D 12MP. But I've not had much chance to use the latter yet.

Thanks so much to the both of you!! I defined a doctype and it shaped right up! I also added the text-align: center; to my CSS document just in case. Thanks again!
while you're at it you might want to throw your site through the validator and clean up any wonky code. Site looks nice, it would be a shame for little things to possibly come out funny on other people's browsers.

Archived