Loading Speeds

Cryzabey

http://3xacharm.com/I'm trying to get my general layout done before I crank out anything in the back end, but I'm having trouble making something that loads fast. I realize that my flash banner is a pretty big factor hovering around 150kb, but I have a smaller version prepared for other pages that is only 15kb. I just want the home page to be a bit flashier :)Tips for increasing load time while maintaining quality, general layout suggestions, and anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tired optimzing your graphics? That would help with load time. But to give you something concreate, your flash image needs to show up first. Right now it's broken.

I'm sorry, I don't quiet get what you mean by "broken"?Also, I've yet to optimize my images, but I intend to once the layout it finalized. I heard FF has an extension that accompanies YSlow and is excellent at .png optimization.

Broken mean the img link is broken. You know when you get that big red X and no picture. I should have been clearer

This laptop is not that old, but I either had to click it or wait for it to show up. I'm not much for flash though. But the image was interesting

Well, because the website will (hopefully) be littered with flash content, I wanted a banner that used it. I honestly don't know why you would have to click on it to make it go. It's equipped with a preloader that measures how close it is to being loaded, and then when it's finished it should start the small intro sequence automatically.I could swap it out with a static image and then a css menu, but I'm not sure if that's a path I want to go down.

Don't know, but if the site will be riddled with flash. The best you can do is optimize the graphics.

Archived