Whats The Most Popular Server Side Language?

skaterdav85

Server-side web development  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite Server Side Language?

• PHP
    • ColdFusion
    • ASP / ASP.NET
    • Ruby
    • Java / JSP
    • Perl
    • ADO

Whats the most popular server side language? People tell me different answers so im just curious as to whether there are any statistics on this.Ive worked with Coldfusion and PHP, and I've heard CF is a dying language and PHP keeps growing. I dont know much about JSP, ASP, ASP.net, RoR, or Perl though.

The most popular one is PHP. I'm not saying it's the best one, just the most popular. Probably the best ones are any of the languages used with CGI.

By all statistics, PHP is the most popular. That doesn't mean it's the most powerful one, the best one, the easiest one or anything like it. Those things are mostly subjective (and from my point of view, it's nearly the most powerful S3L, but still the best and easiest to learn).

By all statistics, PHP is the most popular. That doesn't mean it's the most powerful one, the best one, the easiest one or anything like it. Those things are mostly subjective (and from my point of view, it's nearly the most powerful S3L, but still the best and easiest to learn).
whats the 3rd S for?server-side s______ language?edit: is it scripting? haha, i should think before i post more... :)

whats the 3rd S for?server-side s______ language?edit: is it scripting? haha, i should think before i post more... :)
"scripting"... see my signature.[edit]I should've read your edit before I posted... I too should think before I post :) [/edit]

Archived