The Text-shadow Property

Dreffel

I just got to a text-shadow property, but its not working... this tag should make the text a three-dimensional appearance...But I cant see anything happening. Nothing changes. Any1 knows why?Eg: H1 {text-shadow; 10px 10px 2px yellow}

You've put a semi-colon where you need a colon, you don't have a semi-colon where there should be one at the end, and as far as I'm aware this property won't be available until CSS3.

The semicolon goes at the end of the statement. A colon goes between the attribute and the value.

body {font-size:10px;color:#FFF;background-color:#000;text-shadow:10px 10px 2px yellow;}

But text-shadow is poorly supported at the moment (i.e. only webkit).

Had some problems with a bunch of these tags in a row. Nothing seemed to be working correctly... Something had to be wrong... Until now, I luckily discovered that it was my stupid mistake!I left out the last "-->" part, and some stuff didn't work. Didn't think of that cause the 'a:links' worked perfectly.But adding the "-->" makes the rest work :) This kind of mistakes turnes on me every time...

<style type="text/css">    <!--    a:link {color: blue}    a:active {color: red}    a:visited {color:green}     a:hover {color: black}     h6 {text-transform: uppercase}    p{padding-left: 20%}    li {list-style-image: url(bullet.gif); list-style-type: square}   -->    </style>

But you can't learn and be good at it if u don't struggle with it yourself hey?

The comment tags are ignored by CSS (or at least dismissed as syntactically incorrect) - they used to be recommended so that really really really old browsers (e.g. IE 2) won't print out the values. However, since no-one uses IE2 any more it is safe to exclude them.

Archived