Jmail Attachment With Japanese Characters

andersbundgaard

Hi everybodyI am using this script to send attached text-files to my clients:(I have omitted some irrelevant code)<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="65001"%><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body><%Set JMail = Server.CreateObject("JMail.SMTPMail")JMail.serverAddress = serveraddressJMail.sender = senderemailJMail.SenderName = sendernameJMail.Subject = subjectJMail.addRecipient emailfolderaddr=Server.MapPath("../../userDB/userdata/user"&userID)Set FS = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")If FS.FolderExists(folderaddr) = true ThenSet FO = FS.GetFolder(folderaddr)for each x in FO.filesif (FS.FileExists(x))=true thenJMail.AddAttachment xend ifnextset FO=Nothingfolderstatus="ok"elsefolderstatus="folder does not exist"end ifset FS=NothingJmail.Htmlbody= htmlmessageJMail.priority = 3Jmail.ExecuteJmail.ClearRecipients%></body></html>Everything works fine as long as the names of the text-documents are in Latin letters such as name.txt, but when I use Japanese characters this error comes up:jmail.SMTPMail error '8000ffff'Cannot open file D:\web\localuser\lostudioitaliano.com\userDB\userdata\user547\???.txtAnd the error points to this line of code:JMail.AddAttachment xAs you can see the Japanese characters have been replaced by question marks (???.txt).The text-files are saved to the server in unicode using this: set tfile=fs.CreateTextFile(fileaddr, True, True)Could anyone please help me?I have searched everywhere, and I am lost...!Anders

How about you save the text files without Japanese characters in their names? If Windows supports Unicode filenames I guess you can just make sure that your script is using Unicode instead of Latin.
ThanksWell, my pages are using unicode:CODEPAGE="65001"charset=utf-8- and I can display the Japanese characters without problems.My guess is that the problem is related to the Jmail-object.Is there any way to tell the object, that the file names are in unicode?Anders

When I open the folder from within Dreamweaver and look at the files they look like this:^^^.txtBut still I think that they are saved as unicode names, because if I replace the lineJMail.AddAttachment xwithresponse.write(x.Name)- then the names with Japanese characters are displayed perfectly...Anders