Size Of Background Img

jnf555

hi i am using an image as my body background, but need to change the size, can anyone show me how.<html><head><style type="text/css">body{ background-image: url(fade.png); background-repeat: no-repeat;}</style></head><body>this is background</body></html>cheersjnf555

background-size: width height;examples:so if you wanted it to be 15px wide by 25px high...background_size: 15px 25px;and if you wanted it to fit twice horizontally and keep the aspect ratio...background-size: 50% auto;

i think i am missing something here it dosent alter the sizewhat have i missed out?<html><head><style type="text/css">body{ background-image: url(fade.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: width:1000px height:900px;}</style></head><body>this is background</body></html>

<html><head><style type="text/css">body{ background-image: url(fade.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: 900px 600px;}</style></head><body>this is background</body></html>sorry,it still dosent alter size, if i do smaller or larger than source size

I don't think background-size is supported by any of the main browsers these days. Aside from opacity, I don't recommend using CSS3 properties yet.If you want to change the size of the background, you'll have to change the size of the image file, or use an image tag and place it behind the rest of the document.

Archived