Run Exe Via Hyperlink With Parameter

sawadallayl

Hi,If I execute D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe 123456 from run command, the program works fine and paramter 123456 is provided to the exe application (VB).But if I have a hyperlink as D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe#123456 Then the vb application exe opens up but does not pick up the parameter 123456It is an HTML email message that I create from the prorgam, the HTML code is semilar to below:<p class=MsoNormal><ahref="file:///D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe 123456">Click here to launch Safety Item</a></p>I have tried many ways such as D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe#123456 or D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe#?123456 and all did not work.I am seeking your help in this regardMany thanks

I don't know VB well, but to send parameters you usually need to define a name for the variable being passed:D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe?var=123456

I don't know VB well, but to send parameters you usually need to define a name for the variable being passed:D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe?var=123456
Thanks for your reply,Forget the VB, all I need is the way of adding parameter to hyperlink to run applicationRegards

I'm not sure if that can be done. HTML is generally for showing content on the web. It's not normal to access resources on the clients' computer, and less to try running an application.

Try to add something like this on the link:

<a href="D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe" rel="123456 nofollow"> The Exe link </a>

And change the VB to pick the variable from the 'rel'.I always do this with the flashvars to pick the variables from the rel, or title, or id, or anything else depending on the tag...

Try to add something like this on the link:
<a href="D:\SafetyTrack\Safety.exe" rel="123456 nofollow"> The Exe link </a>

And change the VB to pick the variable from the 'rel'.I always do this with the flashvars to pick the variables from the rel, or title, or id, or anything else depending on the tag...

PixelxDI tried but still not work, Application starts but variable is not picked upAppreciate if you can help me with other suggestionThanks

I'm not sure how its done, but I know some programs have the ability to be launched by a link formatted like "appname://var1/var2". If someone knows how to do that, that may be your best option.
The user has to configure their browser for that.

Archived