Help! Elements being cut off by IE

rickibarnes

I am having a problem with Internet Explorer. I have content in a column in the center of my page, as specified by this:

#content {	position:relative;	top:20px;	margin-left:40px;	margin-right:200px;	font-size:.8em;	height:auto;	padding-right:10px;}

And then a flash element at the bottom of the page, like so:

#footer {	position:relative;	top: 35px;	background-image:url(images/footer_bg.gif);}

My problem is, if there is enough text in "content" div to make the page scroll, IE will not allow the page to scroll all the way to the bottom, so you can only see like the top 5 pixels or so of my flash footer.In Firefox it works perfectly, you can scroll all the way to the bottom and see everything.Can anybody help me with a work around, or even tell me why this happens so maybe I can resturucture my CSS?Why oh why can't we have a little bit of cross-browser uniformity????????

Is your flash footer the gif????If it is real flash, how did you go about embedding it in your page?Is your page on the web???I did notice that commenting out your definitions for "top" makes a difference. What are you meaning to do by setting top? I am thinking you would be better off setting "margin-top" to accomplish any spacing. If I leave top set to 35px for the div containing the flash footer then the bottom of the footer gets cut off.I tried applying your style to a page where there is enough content to scroll and didn't have a problem with the flash begin cut off...Perhaps you can provide the markup you are using?