Ie6

thescientist

how can i get a download of IE6? My boss has it on his stupid laptop so that's how he's viewing the site I'm working on for him. There's one computer at work with it but I'd like to have it on my laptop too. Although not glaringly wrong in IE6, one of my div's was pushed down and made a space between the header and the content div below it, but it would make me feel better knowing it worked well on it. I showed him the site on IE7 and FF and so he knows that it looks right, just not on his computer....Thanks for any leads, kind folks!(ps. I googled IE6 and all the links come up for IE8)

You can install Multiple IE, but it's not necessarily going to render like a regular installation of IE6. The best way is just to have a computer where you have IE6 installed instead of another version, if you don't have that option you can try Multiple IE. IE just uses so many files in the rendering pipeline that chances are it's not going to look exactly the same as a regular standalone installation.

yeah, i do have that option, but I have would have to come work each time I'd want to check on it :)

yeah, i do have that option, but I have would have to come work each time I'd want to check on it :)
Hey. i may have a solution for you. try this http://browsershots.org/ some of it is danish (5 Options) but its very simple.Ligeglad = don´t careDeaktiveret = DisabledAktiveret = ActivatedBred = WideFeel free to contact me if you need any help./mads

well so far, everything seems to work in IE6....except transparency. bummer. do you guys think many people still use IE6, I mean it is nearly 9 years old by now, right?

Hmm, it's more than transparency that's the problem in Interner Explorer 6. Its rendering engine is so terrible that in its time, the majority of the web developers would develop their sites specifically for it.

IE6 is still around 20%-30% depending on who you ask, but it's losing users to IE8.I didn't realize this was the case, but in South Korea anywhere between 98.5% and 99.5% of people are using IE, because of some decisions they made years ago that required ActiveX for encryption (instead of using SSL). Not that it probably has anything to do with your situation, just thought it was interesting..

well, when IE6 renders transparency on my site it just makes it solid white, which is fine. but a couple pages may have a .png image file at the top of it to keep the original transparency effect but it in IE6 the transparent part of the image comes out blue. would it be worth using a simple browser detect javascript to send IE6 users to a specific IE6 page that would have a slightly different setup on it to compensate?

Archived