Freehostia And Byethost

omgRawr

After doing extensive research on web hosting services, I've finally managed to narrow down my choices to FreeHostia and Byethost. Both seem like very reliable hosts and their servers respond fairly quickly. I also took a look at both of their hosting information and they have most of the features that I need. Before I make a final choice though, I'd like your opinion on them. If you have ever used FreeHostia or Byethost before, please do tell me your experiences with them. Anyway, I have a few more questions before I make a final choice. 1. Do both hosts allow you to host file storage sites? How about image galleries? Adult sites? 2. What kinds of websites or services do they not allow you to host? 3. How is their customer service? How long does it take for them to get back to you? 4. Have they ever shut down one of your sites before for bandwidth / disk space usage reaosns? Thanks in advance.

After doing extensive research on web hosting services, I've finally managed to narrow down my choices to FreeHostia and Byethost. Both seem like very reliable hosts and their servers respond fairly quickly. I also took a look at both of their hosting information and they have most of the features that I need. Before I make a final choice though, I'd like your opinion on them. If you have ever used FreeHostia or Byethost before, please do tell me your experiences with them. Anyway, I have a few more questions before I make a final choice. 1. Do both hosts allow you to host file storage sites? How about image galleries? Adult sites? 2. What kinds of websites or services do they not allow you to host? 3. How is their customer service? How long does it take for them to get back to you? 4. Have they ever shut down one of your sites before for bandwidth / disk space usage reaosns? Thanks in advance.
I have only tried Byethost.To answer your questions, Byethost doesn't allow file storage or adult sites with the free service, but it is permitted with a paid account.Any kind of service is permitted if you have a paid account.They have a support ticket system with the free accounts. I usually get a response within 12 hours (the few times I used it). I don't know about the paid accounts because I don't have one.They haven't ever shut down any of my sites before but I've never even gotten close to the space and bandwidth limit.

Archived