Unable To Load Mysqli Module

chibineku

I am still struggling to get MySQL to work with PHP. No matter what I try, my Apache error log either shows that it failed to load the appropriate module, or that my php script is making a call to an undefined function. I have altered the php.ini file to point to the correct extension directory, I have renamed existing versions that precede this in the path, as that appears to have helped some people, I have restarted after each adjustment, I have recommented the mysql module in the php.ini file, as having both uncommented can cause errors. Anyone? Any MySQL experts in the house?

It's hard to troubleshoot installation problems remotely, I would just recommend uninstalling everything, make sure you remove all files and settings, and install it again. Follow the instructions in the PHP manual, I always follow these whenever I install and it always works the first time, every installation that has an error that I'm asked to fix was because they skipped one of these steps.http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.php

Okie dokies, I will start again tomorrow. Is it worth unintstalling Apache, PHP and MySQL and starting everything over?

It's probably not necessary to reinstall Apache, step 1 of getting PHP installed under Apache is just to get Apache up and working. If MySQL isn't working after reinstalling PHP then you might want to reinstall MySQL also.

Uninstalling and reinstalling shouldn't fix computer problems! But, it does and it did, so huzzah! *dances merrily*

It's not going to fix anything, but it will put you back to the start. You probably changed options that you shouldn't have changed, so starting over will put you back to only change what needs to be changed instead of just changing random things and seeing if it makes a difference.

C'est possible, but I didn't change anything in MySQL. I changed stuff in PHP files, but reinstalling that on its own didn't fix it. Anyway, I'm not complaining.

Archived