"resend Information?" Message

MrFish

Ok, so here's my 5th attempt at making a login script. Here is the the setup of my developing site.INDEX -Included Left Menu --Included Login Form Box (if a username cookie exists, welcome message. If not, include the login forms) ---Included Login Forms (action="" ; this page will refresh and be handled before the html tags)

o  This is before the html tags. o  It will check if the submit button is pressed, if it is, it will continue with the login in process.o  If not, nothing will happen and the page will continue as normal.Here is how it's all planned out. I was just about to write the php handling script when I thought- "As long as the user keeps refreshing the page (logged in or not), won't the submit button will continue to return as pressed? And notice asking the user to "Resend Information" will continue to popup? This isn't very professional and more importantly, really annoying!"So will this happen? Is there any way I can tell the script not to resend the information every time?

Im dont think there is a way of stopping the browser from asking if the user wants to resend the information however a way to avoid this would to have the submit button goto a seperate page, do whatever you want it to do and then redirect to the first page again. I'm not sure if this is what you are asking as the post is a little complicated (or i'm just being stupid). Hope this helps.

You could also just redirect the user back to the same page:

if (submitted()) {	login();	header("location:this_page.php");	exit;}if (logged_in()) show_welcome();else show_login_form();

Archived