How Is The Best Way To Learn

fisher

Read the tutorials that you find necessary, not all of them. For now, just read the HTML and CSS tutorials.The best way to learn is to practise what you've learnt. W3Schools has the "Try it now" on a lot of their pages.

Yeah this site is pimp. Its just like, "heres a list of languages. Heres how you use them. " Coming from a background in C++, Ive learned HTML and CSS, then XHTML and a bit of javascript. Then I learned XML and got familiar with XSLT. Now Im looking at PHP and Im taking a summer course at my college on an introduction to PHP and MySQL. Soon I shall conquer the world, and I owe it all to w3schools! :)

CSS isn't any kind of alternative to HTMl, CSS is a compliment to HTML, and I don't recommend making a real website without it.You'll have to look through the CSS tutorial to get a better understanding.CSS tells the browser how elements on the page should look. CSS stylesheets are loaded once and then saved to the cache and can be applied to as many HTML pages as you want.Just to finish off, I'd like to say that you should not use HTML <table> elements to lay out your site. Once you learn CSS you can find out better methods that are more correct.

This is talking from my own experience in learning HTML and CSS, it may or may not suit you as people learn in different ways.I chose a language to learn first, say HTML. I read through page by page testing almost everything using that built-in tester thingy on the tutorials. I went through all of the tutorials a couple of times throughout a fairly long period of time (I didn't really need it for anything). I would come back to it after needing it for a small project or something and revise the tutorials to see what I remember. Most of it is stuck into my head if I consistantly use it but my understanding of it has grown everytime I revise.I think having a really good interest in it helps remembering things as well as testing your knowledge by creating your own site. Putting what you know to practice helps more than trying to just remember it and using it when you need to.

Archived