Align-text Left, Right, Center

ckrudelux

Okay does someone know how I align text in a <p> with css.example:

<p>This is a text to the left[c]but this is centered[/c][r]and this is to the right[/r]</p>

Set the text-align to left, right, center and use a span to insert them don't work.

Okay does someone know how I align text in a <p> with css.example:
<p>This is a text to the left[c]but this is centered[/c][r]and this is to the right[/r]</p>

Set the text-align to left, right, center and use a span to insert them don't work.

Okay I was looking on the forum codes how they did the text to my surprise the text are in div's and not paragraph's.Doesn't the text have to be in a paragraph to get validated?

A <span> won't work, but any block element, such as <div> or <p> will work. text-align only applies to blocks.In the forum they probably use <div> instead of <p> because <p> has margins on the top and bottom.

A <span> won't work, but any block element, such as <div> or <p> will work. text-align only applies to blocks.In the forum they probably use <div> instead of <p> because <p> has margins on the top and bottom.
Okay but is it allowed to use <div> instead <p> this would do things alot easier?

Of course it's allowed. And it would even be the better solution if the text you're centering isn't actually a paragraph.A <div> has neutral semantic value, it's never wrong to use it, however it's always preferrable to use an element that gives a meaning to the content it contains.

Of course it's allowed. And it would even be the better solution if the text you're centering isn't actually a paragraph.A <div> has neutral semantic value, it's never wrong to use it, however it's always preferrable to use an element that gives a meaning to the content it contains.
Yey :) There is always something new to learn.

Archived