webguync

Site design won't break on text resize suggestions

I am working on a site using exclusively CSS and XHTML. The Url is http://www.fortuneinteractive.com/this is essentially a two column layout site with a header and footer. The problem I am having is that when you resize the text (any browser), the layout breaks, as the right column content drops down. Can anyone point out why this may be happening? Or better yet, how to fix :-)My presumption is that the layout dimensions are fixed (pixel width), and the text is in ems for accessibility, but I could be wrong.Thanks in advance for any assistance on this...-Bruce Gilbert

Your presumption is correct. You have two options, set the pixel size to an absolute px... although I think that only fixes it in IE. Or, use real tables to build your layout.

Your presumption is correct. You have two options, set the pixel size to an absolute px... although I think that only fixes it in IE. Or, use real tables to build your layout.

yea, using pixels will only work in IE, and that may change in future versions. I might try using percentages for the layout as well.