Creating Basic Cms Session

royarellano

Greetings All!Using:PHP5MySQLWindows Server (IIS)Goal:Basic content management systems (CMS) system which will modify basic content securely; using a user login and password and closing session upon logging-out.--------------------So as you can see from my above information, I am hoping someone could give me the most simplest and straight forward guidance on doing this. I really don't want it just done for me, I really want to learn. So anyone out there with the patience and talent of teaching; your talent would be greatly appreciated.v/rRoy

Greetings All!Using:PHP5MySQLWindows Server (IIS)Goal:Basic content management systems (CMS) system which will modify basic content securely; using a user login and password and closing session upon logging-out.--------------------So as you can see from my above information, I am hoping someone could give me the most simplest and straight forward guidance on doing this. I really don't want it just done for me, I really want to learn. So anyone out there with the patience and talent of teaching; your talent would be greatly appreciated.v/rRoy
My first question I get in my head is how much php, mysql have you used? Do you need to start from the begning or can I start with the fun parts?

There's a tutorial for registering users and logging in here:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=12509Once you can track whether a user is logged in, there are several different ways of doing CMS stuff. The easiest is just to make an HTML template where you fill in information that you saved in the database, it's a lot more difficult to set up a system where someone can actually design the page layout and stuff like that.

Do you need to start from the begning or can I start with the fun parts?
You always need to start from the beginning. That's why it's called the beginning.

Well I have been able to make an email form; as well as a basic calculation form that sends results to an email. I've also worked on connecting to a database and posting information on the html from db. So I get the basics, with the occassional help by references like W3Schools. I am hoping to really get a working system up and running quick as possible and repeat it, improving my skill level.

Sure, I mean, I am working on the design of the application to better build it, however any useful suggestions would be helpful.

My first question I get in my head is how much php, mysql have you used? Do you need to start from the begning or can I start with the fun parts?

Sure, I mean, I am working on the design of the application to better build it, however any useful suggestions would be helpful.
Write down your ideas, paint them too if possible/necessary.Well I would say look over your database and plan how you are going to store all the data for adding and changing and ask your self alot of questions how things are going to effect each other and so on.Make small test off your ideas to see how it will work in reality. With other words take small steps :)

Archived