Ie And Ff Problems For Layout

ChidoriSoul

Oh, right. At my resolution (1024x768) they look the same and they both have a horizontal scrollbar (which is quite a bad mark for a web designer).You should allow the center column to have a flexible width, and have smaller screens in mind when designing.I'm not really that outdated in technology, and yet I always get the impression that amateur web developers are leaving me out.EDIT: Actually, the horizontal scrollbar appears because there's a vertical scrollbar taking space from the page.You still should design your site with scrollbars and padding in mind. For 1024x768 resolution 960px is the recommended width.

They don't have a horizontal scrollbar for me, and I am not sure how to make the center part width in change, as I am trying to get the height change based on the text/images on the page.What do you mean by you are outdated in technology, and if you are talking about me, then how am I leaving you out :/The vertical scrollbar is there because i still need to change the page's banner, and I can not help the Vertical scrollbarHow do I figure out what my screen width is, I have a laptop?

Your screen width is obviously bigger than mine. That's why you don't see a horizontal scrollbar.Right-click on your desktop and select "Properties". On the "configuration" tab you can see the resolution you currently have.You probably have 1280x768.I'm only saying that I'm not outdated in technology. And by developing sites that don't work well on my computer's resolution, you're leaving me out.

Archived