Php Testing?

Esqarrouth

you need to either have web hosting or a localhost server, there are many free webhosting servers avaliable online (just make sure they support php) and you can upload your web files to the web and look at them online. Alternativley you could use a localhost server, i recommend 'xampp' which contains apache, phpmyadmin, php, a mail client, ftp software and more, however there are many other packages which include the same or similar contents.Similarly you could install apache yourself, however it is not that easy.Hope this helps.

And? Error? PHP not parsed? 16-bit encoding gibberish? General OS failure?

What Synook is getting at is that these pieces of software do work. If you couldn't get them to work then you probably made an error in setup. You said you downloaded PHP, MySQL, and Apache and they "didn't work", I guarantee that they do work (because I, and many millions of other people, use them on a daily basis) and that you probably just didn't follow the installation instructions correctly. If you're not going to follow the instructions then it doesn't really matter which one you install, it's probably not going to work also.

You can install local server on your computer to test webpages made of PHP & MY SQL.In order to install local server, you need to download and install Easy PHP software(www.easyphp.org) which contains PHP, APACHE server and My SQL. With the help Easy PHP, you can locally test your pages.

Archived