Help Knowing What To Look For

Guest Kimber63

Guest Kimber63

Hello, I have been doing my homework and searching online but doing a pretty poor job of it and decided to join this forum to see if I could get a push in the right direction. First let me say I am graphic design and know a bit about coding but mostly in the article manager I use (interactivetools). I know html well and have used JavaScript but usually I use a pre-written script which I can edit or already does what I need (yes, I give credit to the maker of the script) however I can’t seem to find what I am looking for to work with and there might not even be such a animal in JavaScript. What I am looking to do: I have a web site that offers free printables and I want to put a counter on the file download links that says something to the effect of “This file has been download X number of time. - Every time someone clicks the pdf or jpg file link, the counter by that file adds a number to the counter.If someone could please point in the right direction to start learning and/or researching how to do this it would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your timeKimber

Archived