Ajax Login Won't Work.

MrFish

Here is my javascript/html page. I've already concluded that the php side works (I've tried it separately) and it's just the javascript.

alert("1");function ajaxlogin(){	alert("1a");	var ajaxRequest;	alert("1b");	if(window.XMLHttpRequest){		ajaxRequest = new XMLHttpRequest();		alert("a");	} else if(window.ActiveXObject){			ajaxRequest = new ActiveXObject("Msxml1.XMLHTTP");			alert("b");		} else {			alert("Your browser broke!");		}	alert("2");	ajaxRequest.onreadystatechange = function(){		if(ajaxRequest.readyState == 4){			getelementbyid("loginbox").innerHTML = ajaxRequest.responseText;			alert("d");		}	}	alert("3");	var username = login.username.value;	var password = login.password.value;		alert(username + " " + password);		ajaxRequest.open("POST", "includes/login.php", "true");	ajaxRequest.send(null);	alert("4");}

I've set up alerts everywhere to see where the problem is. The first alert goes off when the page starts, but once you click the login button I never get anymore. This problem is probably because there is a syntax error but I can't find it! Can anyone look through it and tell me what I did wrong?Whoever can find it gets this cookie-cookie%20b.jpg

Javascript is case-sensitive, "getelementbyid" is not a defined function name. For these lines:var username = login.username.value;it doesn't look like the login variable is defined.Those are runtime errors though, not compile-time errors. If the alert 1a never shows that means the function is never getting called. The things I mentioned above are errors, but they're not going to be triggered until the function runs.

You get the cookie! Enjoy it.the function was ajaxlogin() but the onClick called "ajaxLogin()" (with a capital).

Archived