Sign in to follow this  
meranda2100

.htc Files

I currently use HTML-Kit as my text editor. I want to use Internet Explorer Behaviors, but myeditor doesn't save .htc files. I tried using .xml file extension but the script I want to use won't work. This is what I want to save so that I can get a mouse over effect (text changes color on mouse over) This is the script:<attach for="element" event="onmouseover" handler="hig_lite" /><attach for="element" event="onmouseout" handler="low_lite" /><script type="text/javascript">function hig_lite(){element.style.color='red';}function low_lite(){element.style.color='blue';}I want to save it as "behave.htc" in my editor. Any help would be appreciated.Meranda2100

Hopefully you know that these don't work in any other browser than IE and are not a web standard.Which editor are you using? If you use notepad, you can use any extension you like.

Hopefully you know that these don't work in any other browser than IE and are not a web standard.Which editor are you using? If you use notepad, you can use any extension you like.
Thank you. I was able to save the document in notepad with .htc extension. I still wasn't able to get the code to work but I looked at the web standard, it requires Java and HTML DOM. I have just finished learning CSS, and am just starting Java. I will keep learning, and try that code instead.