Javascript Calling Html File

mtber

I am trying to use javascript to call an HTML file depending on a password entered by a user. when i click on the submit button the page does nothing and i get no errors not sure what i am doing wrong. any help is appreciated.

<html><head><title>Title</title><link rel="stylesheet" language="text/css" href="index.css"/> <script type="text/javascript">function runscript(){		if(document.myForm.password.value == 'password')	{		window.document.location.href = <'index.htm'>;		}}</script> </head><body><center><form name="myForm" action=""><fieldset size="100px"><legend>Run Script</legend><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="options" align="right" valign="middle"><form><font class="options"><b>User Name:</b></font></td><td align="center" valign="middle"><input type="text" size="40"><tr><td align="right" valign="middle"><font class="password"><b>Password:</b></font></td><td align="center" valign="middle"><input type="password" name="password" value="password" size="40"></td></tr><tr><td align="center" valign="middle" colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="submit" name="submit" onclick="runscript()"><input type="reset"></td></tr></form></td></tr></table></form></center></body></html>

Password protecting something with Javascript is completely pointless because people can view the source code.Problems in your code:

window.document.location.href = <'index.htm'>;

< and > are operators and the way you're using them here does not make sense."location" is a child of the window object, not the document object.

<link rel="stylesheet" language="text/css" href="index.css"/>

There is no attribute language for the <link> element.

<input type="submit" value="submit" name="submit" onclick="runscript()">

You are not handling the submit event, therefore when you click the submit button the page is going to reload.

Archived