Having Problems With A Form

meranda2100

I have a form on my website for guests to submit comments. The form displays correctly, but will not submit to my e-mail at my website. I have tested it three times and no comments are sent from the form.Here is my code: <form action="MAILTO:support@meranda2100.hostei.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain">Name:<br><input type="text" name="name"value="yourname" size="20"><br>Mail:<br><input type="text" name="mail"value="yourmail" size="20"><br>Comment:<br><input type="text" name="comment"value="yourcomment" size="40"><br><br><input type="submit" value="Send"><input type="reset" value="Reset"></form>here is the address to the site:http://www.meranda2100.hostei.com/(I can't get the links to work:()Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Meranda2100

you realize that using that method of sending email via HTTP means that it will only work if people have an email client (i.e. Outlook) installed on their computer, correct?

you realize that using that method of sending email via HTTP means that it will only work if people have an email client (i.e. Outlook) installed on their computer, correct?
It's not sending E-mail through HTTP, in fact it's not sending E-mail at all. It's just a pseudo-protocol that most browsers implemented that allows the browser to send some form information to an E-mail client that's installed on the computer

It's not sending E-mail through HTTP, in fact it's not sending E-mail at all. It's just a pseudo-protocol that most browsers implemented that allows the browser to send some form information to an E-mail client that's installed on the computer
I did not realize that it would not send e-mail. What code do I use or form do I use to have someone send me comments on my website via e-mail?

You can use the PHP mail() function to send E-mails from your site. The pages have to be hosted on a server that supports PHP and that have an SMTP server.
Thanks for the help. I don't know PHP, but I looked up the basics on W3schools tutuorial, it will take time to understand, but I will and I will find out about the server my site is on.

Guest Lester Patrick

Now, I am having problems with a form that Meranda illustrates perfectly! If you look at the code in the above example, it says:<input type="submit" value="Send"><input type="reset" value="Reset"></form>Well, I have looked through 4 books from the library, 2 books that I have here at home and numerous websites, and every single place has a form end just like illustrated above. How does then do the code for a message to pop up in another page that says something like "thank you for your information. a customer service rep will contact you shortly" or words to that effect?If anyone can directly, I'd be appreciative!

When the form is submit, you can do whatever you want with PHP or another server-side language in the page that's indicated in the action attribute of the <form> element.

Archived