Alink And Vlink With No Underlining

htmlnewbie23

alink, vlink and link where originally used within the body tag to assign a set colour to links within the whole page, link was the default colour you would see first, before it became an active, or visited link. All of these are deprecated now, and css styling is used instead.a:link {color: #ff0000;}a:visited {color: #00ff00;}a:hover {color: #0000ff;}a:active {color: #ff00ff;}the underline would be controlled by using 'text-decoration: value;' where the value is either 'none', or 'underline' (to reassign to a particular link state)a:link {color: #ff0000;text-decoration: underline;} a:visited {color: #00ff00;text-decoration: none;} a:hover {color: #0000ff; text-decoration: none;} a:active {color: #ff00ff;text-decoration: none;}these would be put betwen the <head> </head> tags or an external style sheet with a link to that style sheet.

And for the benefit of those users with disablilities, add a:focus styling.
Thank you.Actually this is not for a real web page. It is for a lecture I am giving discussing various sites on the internet. During the lecture I will switch from PowerPoint to this special 2 page webpage I am creating which contains the links I want to go to during the lecture. Nobody will use this webpage except me during the presentation. That is why I am trying to avoid the links I place on this page changing colors (which I know how to do) or appearing underlined (which would distract from the appearance during the lecture and which I do not know how to do). Essentially this webpage would appear to the audience as a Powerpoint slide but one that I can use to jump to various different urls and then return to it. That is the reason for my peculiar needs to not have the links appear in their usual underlined or otherwise marked manner. I want them to just appear as normal text on a slide, even though I know they function as links.I've done this previously using the free PowerPoint add-on "Liveweb" which allows me to jump from my PowerPoint presentation to various urls from within PowerPoint. But for this presentation I will not be able to use my own laptop and the PC at the site does not have the Liveweb add-on installed. So instead, as a work around, I will jump to their browser which will have my specially created page loaded with my links. An example of what I mean is available at http://hold.orthohelp.com/internet2.htmAs you can see, the links still show up underlined which I want to get rid of. Unfortunately I do not know ciss and have no time to learn it before this presentation.If some kind expert can modify this so the links are not underlined I would greatly appreciate it.

just add <style type="text/css">a {text-decoration: none;}</style>in between <head> </head> like so.<head><title>Sites</title><meta name="generator" content="Namo WebEditor"><style type="text/css">a {text-decoration: none;}</style></head>

use a:link, a:visited and a:hover
define CSS style in the <head> </head> tags as following:<style type="text/css"> a {color:black;text-decoration:none;}</style>I would like to refer you to www.w3schools.com home page. then go to css link. learn css text under the css basic and css pseudo-class under css advanced.

Archived