Ajax Cookies And Sessions Die After I Refresh O.o *fixed*

MrFish

Well I know that's not exactly a correct statement. But I'm using ajax to make a session for a login script. And it works but when I refresh everything just forgets. It forgets that I set a session. And I know the session is set because when you login successfully the echo response looks like this-

if($affected != 1){	echo '<form name="login">	<input type="text" name="username" value="username"><br />	<input type="password" name="password" value="password"><br /><br />	<input type="button" name="login" value="Login" onClick="ajaxlogin()"><br />	</form><font color="red">The username or password was incorrect!</font>';} else {	session_start();	$_SESSION['username'] = $username;	echo "You're logged in, <b>" . $_SESSION['username'] . "</b>.";}

And I see my username and everything. But when I refresh the page this script doesn't see that a session exists.

if(isset($_SESSION['username'])){echo 'You are already logged in, <b>.' . $_SESSION['username'] . '</b>.';} else {echo '<form name="login">';echo '<input type="text" name="username" value="password"><br />';echo '<input type="password" name="password" value="password"><br /><br />';echo '<input type="button" name="login" value="Login" onClick="ajaxlogin()">';echo '</form>';}

I'm 99% sure that's correct syntax. What's wrong with it? Why won't sessions OR cookies exist after I refresh the page? I tried with cookies before but I've been told you need to use sessions for login so I am.

When are you starting the session? Don't start it when they log in, start it as soon as they get to the page. Don't wait for the ajax request to start the session, start it as soon as they show up.

I tried to put session_start(); before the page begins but it didn't work.edit:Fixed. I forgot I needed to write session_start() before I checked if my session existed.

Archived