Php-xml And Php-ajax

pritam79

XML allows you to store data in a multi-dimensional fashion, as opposed to just flat files. Databases can also be used for that purpose. AJAX allows you to update and interact with the page asyncroniously to page loadings.

XML allows you to store data in a multi-dimensional fashion, as opposed to just flat files. Databases can also be used for that purpose. AJAX allows you to update and interact with the page asyncroniously to page loadings.
Hi there, In the PHP tutorials here, there is PHP-AJAX tutorial as well, about bringing in more fatures in a php page with AJAX. Those have XML as well as javascript usage in them. I haven’t gone through the javascript and XML tutorials separately here in w3schools. Is there need of having some knowledge of these ( XML and javascript) first to better understand the PHP-AJAX part of the PHP tutorial of w3schools? Thanks

Hi there, In the PHP tutorials here, there is PHP-AJAX tutorial as well, about bringing in more fatures in a php page with AJAX. Those have XML as well as javascript usage in them. I haven’t gone through the javascript and XML tutorials separately here in w3schools. Is there need of having some knowledge of these ( XML and javascript) first to better understand the PHP-AJAX part of the PHP tutorial of w3schools? Thanks
Yes, considering it's called Asynchronous Javascript And XML.

You need to know Javascript, and for the purpose of the tutorial you should at least understand XML. You don't actually need to use XML with ajax though, there are other alternatives (I prefer to use JSON instead of XML).

Archived