Ie Developers Need To Just Give Up.

MrFish

IE has all the problems when it comes to css. Making the template of a site is the part I ABSOLUTELY DREAD. Why? Internet Explorer of course! The developers should just give up T.T *rant rant rant*Anyway. You know how in firefox if you add padding to anything then the container will get that many pixels larger.e.g: Adding 10px padding will make the container 20pixels wider and 20px higher even if there is nothing in it.But IE doesn't do this. So as a result, I have to set the width smaller for firefox, but when you view it in IE it doesn't have the same affect.wtfie.jpgWhat's can I do to fix this. I know I could make a script that detects the users browser and loads a different stylesheet. But is it possible to do this without so much work. I could do it but I want to be lazy. Will I have to give into the IE?

do not use div and floating , try to use table
ehhh. I don't think that's the answer. I'm pretty sure divs are the best way to go and the way of the future. Big sites like youtube and facebook use divs, how could tables be any better?

Tables are not better, but you'll hear a lot of amateur web developers talking about them like if they were the right way to go. This is because, around 10 years ago CSS did not exist, so tables were the only way to get content divided into columns. Because tables had become so popular, when CSS came out web developers were not using CSS and they kept passing on old-fashioned unefficient techniques.In order to get the box model to work in Internet Explorer give your page a Strict DOCTYPE declaration

ehhh. I don't think that's the answer. I'm pretty sure divs are the best way to go and the way of the future. Big sites like youtube and facebook use divs, how could tables be any better?
I heard a lot of people said that the div is better than table, but a lot of websites are still using table in some parts. I use both div and table in my website. and seem like that table always works for both IE and fireFox :), just a personal advise

It's true, some big sites use tables as well. But the most recent are using divs, so I think I will use them instead.Thanks Ingolme! That worked perfectly :)

would setting all elements in your stylesheet to initially have no borders, padding and margins help (using the universal selector)? Then you could define margins, padding, and borders for elements as needed.

Archived