The New Layout For The Css Reference

DtD

Sorry if this belong somewhere else or has already been mentioned, I've used w3schools for years but never the forums.I recently came on to w3s to check something in the css reference, only to find the column that used to list the arguments that you gave a certain property was gone! Also, the new seperate pages on every property are very cluttered, they are more like tutorials than a reference.References are meant to be used by experts and beginners alike, now it seems like it is for sub-beginners. Please revert this.~DtD

• 2 weeks later...

Am I really the only one to notice this/care?! 500~something views and no replies?! Voice your opions people!~DtD

I think anyone who cares also knows that nothing will be done about it, the people designing the site don't care about the discussions going on in this forum (or, at the minimum, show no indication of caring and have no response at all). I personally use the w3schools site very rarely, I've found cleaner or more complete sources for the information there. This page is a good example of why I don't like using w3schools:http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_response.aspI count over 10 ads on that page. Besides all of the giant banner ads that you can't miss, on the sidebar there are several ads for web hosts, various template ads, flight tickets (yeah - I go to w3schools.com when I want cheap airfare), then they have their "product spotlight" ads that show up on every page, and their ads that push their own certificate programs. Everything I just mentioned is information I neither want nor need from w3schools, and it only serves to reduce or dilute the value of the information that actually is there. Other than that, the fact that they have examples before the reference makes zero sense to me. Every single time I go to a w3schools page I'm looking for a reference, not examples. Anyway, that's why when I want to find a reference I typically look elsewhere.But, like I said, we can talk about this until we're blue in the face and the people running the site still won't respond to it. So there doesn't seem to be much of a point. They're #1 on most Google searches for several web-related terms, and that's what they care about. In my entire time on this forum I've never seen any admin or anyone who runs the site make a post here. Kaijim has several pinned posts, but that's the only thing I've ever seen from him, and those were there before I got here (happy birthday to Kaijim, BTW).

That's rather dissapointing because I've loved thier CSS reference for years, it's a shame to see it die.~DtD

I think anyone who cares also knows that nothing will be done about it, the people designing the site don't care about the discussions going on in this forum (or, at the minimum, show no indication of caring and have no response at all). I personally use the w3schools site very rarely, I've found cleaner or more complete sources for the information there. This page is a good example of why I don't like using w3schools:http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_response.aspI count over 10 ads on that page. Besides all of the giant banner ads that you can't miss, on the sidebar there are several ads for web hosts, various template ads, flight tickets (yeah - I go to w3schools.com when I want cheap airfare), then they have their "product spotlight" ads that show up on every page, and their ads that push their own certificate programs. Everything I just mentioned is information I neither want nor need from w3schools, and it only serves to reduce or dilute the value of the information that actually is there. Other than that, the fact that they have examples before the reference makes zero sense to me. Every single time I go to a w3schools page I'm looking for a reference, not examples. Anyway, that's why when I want to find a reference I typically look elsewhere.But, like I said, we can talk about this until we're blue in the face and the people running the site still won't respond to it. So there doesn't seem to be much of a point. They're #1 on most Google searches for several web-related terms, and that's what they care about. In my entire time on this forum I've never seen any admin or anyone who runs the site make a post here. Kaijim has several pinned posts, but that's the only thing I've ever seen from him, and those were there before I got here (happy birthday to Kaijim, BTW).
Kaijim's last post in a public forum was Mar 9 2007. Since then he has only posted 4 times (in the hidden moderator forum). He does visit the forum from time to time (last July 20, 2009). It would be nice if he would reply at least to the suggestions forum.

Archived