Php Switch

walapu

Ok this is the php at the bottom of my page.switch ($search) { case 1: if (!isset($results)) { $results = ""; } $search_results = get_search_results($query, $start, $category, $type, $results, $domain); require("$template_dir/$template/search_results.html"); break; default: if ($show_categories) { if ($_REQUEST['catid'] && is_numeric($catid)) { $cat_info = get_category_info($catid); } else { $cat_info = get_categories_view(); } require("$template_dir/$template/categories.html"); } break; }My problem is that I would like case 1 to stay placed at the bottom of my page, but at the same time I would like the default at the top of my page not at the bottom. Is there any other way of doing this?

Well it is a very long story. I want the categories at the top left of my page. It can not be placed at the top left of the page without relative or absolute in the css. The problem is that when I do use relative or absolute and I have an occasional announcement (which is a bar directly placed at the top of my page) the categories will not move down with the announcement. That is why I need the actual html at the top of my page not the bottom with the results (aka case 1)Any ideas?

Put your PHP before all of your HTML and have the switch statement assign the include files to variables, then down in the HTML just include those files where you want them. It's best to have all of your PHP before your HTML.

<?php$file1 = '';$file2 = '';if (your condition here){  $file1 = 'include1.php';}if (some other condition){  $file2 = 'include2.php';}?><html>......<div><?phpif ($file1 != '')  include $file1;?></div>...<div><?phpif ($file2 != '')  include $file2;?></div></body></html>

EDIT: I know you think I may sound crazy but it has to be like this. Is it possible this way?

<div><?phpif ($file1 != '')  include $file1;?></div>...<div><?phpif ($file2 != '')  include $file2;?></div><?php$file1 = '';$file2 = '';if (your condition here){  $file1 = 'include1.php';}if (some other condition){  $file2 = 'include2.php';}?><html>

Thanks for all of your help

If you have echo statements in weird places have a look at Output Buffering (PHP site seems to be down so no link).

Archived