Comments Script

cybergeek

Hi guys I just wanted to know if there is anyway I can add a comments form on my page so when they like my service they can leave a comment, or something similar to a testimonials. But I don't want to be able to read it before it gets posted to my site. is there something like this I can do?

I'm guessing you mean that you don't want the comments to show up immediately on the page (you not being able to read it before it gets posted on your site doesn't make any sense to me, since until it's posted you definitely can't read it).Assuming you know a server-side language and how to use databases, you can just add a "visible" field to the database that is set to 0 by default. Then you can set it to 1 though in admin panel of some kind. To display the comments on a page you'd only select the ones where 'visible' is 1: SELECT * FROM table WHERE visible=1

I'm guessing you mean that you don't want the comments to show up immediately on the page (you not being able to read it before it gets posted on your site doesn't make any sense to me, since until it's posted you definitely can't read it).Assuming you know a server-side language and how to use databases, you can just add a "visible" field to the database that is set to 0 by default. Then you can set it to 1 though in admin panel of some kind. To display the comments on a page you'd only select the ones where 'visible' is 1: SELECT * FROM table WHERE visible=1
I just want to be able to read the comments like have them sent to me in my email then I can post them because I don't want any bad comments on there see where I'm getting at?

he means a langauge like PHP, which is code processed by a web server before a webpage is loaded into a users browser. (hence why its called a server-side language) I would recommend you have a look on the w3schools site for their tutorials on PHP. PHP is a pretty cool and fairly easy language to learn, and you can do lots of neat tricks with it, especially if you use it in conjunction with some javascript.

he means a langauge like PHP, which is code processed by a web server before a webpage is loaded into a users browser. (hence why its called a server-side language) I would recommend you have a look on the w3schools site for their tutorials on PHP. PHP is a pretty cool and fairly easy language to learn, and you can do lots of neat tricks with it, especially if you use it in conjunction with some javascript.
Oh OK I don't know PHP but I do have a forum site on my website that I made though PHPBB. I have lots of PHP scripts but noting like the one I want. If I can't get this to work I will just make a regular form and the info can be mailed to me before I post it on the site. I was looking for something like how ebay uses the feedback system but probbaly noting that sophisticated.

Archived