Browser Compatibility Problem

divyac

I am developing a site using PHP and Mysql and facing the following problem.kindly have a look at the following link:http://mssportfolio.com/dress/dressdetails.php?id=3This particular link works fine in Firefox but displaying nothing in IE.The problem is with the written javascript.The javascript is to maximize the image by clicking on that image and to move to the next image by clicking the "Next" button.if i comment that script,the contents without javascript are working fine.How to rectify this issue?Thnx in advance :)

I also don't see it in Chrome. But don't worry about chrome, those who use it already decided not to see the content of any page right :)But yah, the IE might think everything after your first <!-- is ALL a comment because you didn't end it right.<!-- COMMENT -->IE is very precise while firefox lets you get away with things. Which might not be a bad thing. IE still sucks, haha.

IE is very precise while firefox lets you get away with things.
That's exactly backwards, IE will quite happily render a page full of crap, Firefox is much more strict. In general at least. Firefox will ignore a trailing comma in a Javascript list, where IE will choke on it. IE is full of obscure bugs, you might be running into one. This, for example, will crash IE6's parser:
<html>  <head>	<title>IE crash</title>  </head>  <body>	<div id="content">	  <script type="text/javascript">	  document.getElementById("content").innerHTML += "test";	  </script>  	</div>  </body></html>

About the comments, you might as well remove all HTML comment tags from the Javascript, they don't need to be there. You should also make sure all of your script tags use the type attribute instead of the language attribute, even though that's not going to matter to IE.

That's exactly backwards, IE will quite happily render a page full of crap, Firefox is much more strict. In general at least. Firefox will ignore a trailing comma in a Javascript list, where IE will choke on it. IE is full of obscure bugs, you might be running into one. This, for example, will crash IE6's parser:
Is this not what I'm talking about? In this situation firefox lets it slide.

Is this not what I'm talking about? In this situation firefox lets it slide.
hey the problem is only with HTML comment in the second <script /> tag. Now its working fine :)thanks for your efforts..

Archived