How Can I View Pages In Older Ie Versions?

MrFish

If you've ever written css and viewed it through the eyes of the IE 6 web browser, you will know what I'm talking about. Anyone who uses IE 6 is stuck viewing the web as if a retarded monkey wrote it, they can't see the beauty of it unless the developer goes through the frustrating journey of tweaking their site for IE 6. Also, some of you will know that IE 7 and 8 is limited ONLY to windows xp and higher. According to W3schools browser statistics 14.9% of the those on the internet use IE6, and 18.7% still use IE 7 as of June 2009 (link). In my opinion, IE 8 being the only internet explorer browser that isn't a recipe for web developers suicide (but still far behind) there is a serious problem here. There really isn't much we can do about it but encourage people to switch to Firefox or at least upgrade, but until then we have a few more years of inadequate IE browsers. So I guess I must work with it.But windows doesn't allow you to download versions 6 or 7 if you already have 8. So is there any firefox extensions that I could use to see the web in a previous IE browser. I got the IE tab addon but it uses my current internet explorer (version 8). How can I view my website in a previous IE version?By the way. I've downloaded all the other browsers too. If you haven't already tried them all out, my unbiased opinion is that firefox is still the best. Even though I use Chrome anyway. The only thing that firefox has failed on is that, like some other browsers, it's chrome isn't as customizable, and it's by-far the largest of all the browsers. But still the developers choice browser.For yours, and mine enjoyment. Funny anit-ie pictures! :)20080310-kq1frhu6xhu8hdd2aem2ds4rx1.jpgidestroyerjp.jpgdead-ie-jp.jpgie7sucks.jpgie62.jpg

Internet Explorer 8 has a developer application in it that renders pages in Internet Explorer 7 mode, so you don't need to worry about that.Right under the "Tools" menu is the "Developer tools" option, which allows you to choose which rendering engine you want to view the page in.

Oh, that's handy. Now how do I get IE 6? Is there a internet explorer addon for that? Maybe I should look it up first before I ask ^^

I have windows xp.Maybe I'll just tell the ie6 users that they can view my site at their own discomfort :)

Archived