Adodb.stream And Network Path

MurDoGG

Hi folkz,i'm using following code to download files in a javascript script:

try 	{		if (XMLHttpRequest.readyState == 4) 		{			var fileName = XMLHttpRequest.responseText;						fileName = fileName.substring(6, fileName.length - 2);									if (fileName != null && fileName != "") {				var fsr = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Stream");				fsr.Type = 1;				fsr.Open;				fsr.LoadFromFile(fileName);				var fsw = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Stream");				fsw.Type = 1;				fsw.Open;				fsw.Write(fsr.Read);				fsw.SaveToFile(newFileName);				fsw.Close;			}		}	} catch(e) {		System.Debug.outputString(e);	}

Everything works fine, if i'am on my local system, so i can read files from my hard drive.What isn't possible apperntly, load files from a netowrk path, like \\server\path\file.ext, or i don't know how :)Following error information are availible:Errordescription: "'$lineinfo' ist undefiniert"Errormessage: "'$lineinfo' ist undefiniert"Errorname: TypeErrorErrornumber: -2146823279Someone have i idea where the fault is or what i have to do to read files from network path. If i should specify the filetype, i want to load zip files (don't know this is a relevant information).Kind regardsMurDoGG

You're not calling the functions correctly, in Javascript you need parentheses after the function names. e.g.:fsr.Open();
Sorry my fault, i think it is JScript, not JavaScript. The source works, no problem with local path like C:\somefile.ext the problem isto access a network path like:

\\10.0.0.1\folder\file.ext

JScript is Microsoft's implementation of Javascript, the same rules apply. Change the calls for the open and close methods and see if that makes a difference.
Mens, i don't write my post for trash, i wrote already, that its okay in the JScript implementation, to forget the "()". It WORKS. Please only write comments, if you understand the problem and have a solution. Time is money, perhaps you know.

Archived