Streaming Audio Across Pages Without Frames?

thesoundsmith

I'd like to set up either a single, long audio loop (20 minutes or so) or an XML script to randomly select from a list of audio files to play when a visitor enters my site. I'd like the same track to continue to play uninterrupted as the visitor navigates to other pages, but I'd also like to be able to turn the stream off if a specific audio or video file is selected.Is there a way to do this without frames, or, using frames, to keep my site compliant and Google-aware? Last time I looked , Google and frames were not happy partners.The site is here.Thanks for any ideas.

There are only two ways. Both of them are not search-engine friendly, but like with everything you make the mark-up search-engine friendly and then add the extra features with Javascript.Anyways, if you use AJAX, you can load the content of other pages without refreshing. AJAX is the other alternative to frames.

There are only two ways. Both of them are not search-engine friendly, but like with everything you make the mark-up search-engine friendly and then add the extra features with Javascript.Anyways, if you use AJAX, you can load the content of other pages without refreshing. AJAX is the other alternative to frames.
Thanks, folks. Ingolme, I will look into Ajax, thanks for the tip. Ashraf, I'm not sure what you mean, I use the Flash Player, what am I missing?

I have just set up a small window with a player and huge XML songlist, all the music from the site, 178 original recordings. I put it on the menu as a separate (target="_blank" window. I can't automatically shut it off when another file is played, but it works fine other than that...

I have just set up a small window with a player and huge XML songlist, all the music from the site, 178 original recordings. I put it on the menu as a separate (target="_blank" window. I can't automatically shut it off when another file is played, but it works fine other than that...
Rather than using target="_blank" give the target your own name, like target="music". When you open a file with that target it will replace the file that you had before

Archived