Create Tables By Using Div&css

nokida

Hi everybody,When I try to create a table by using DIV&CSS. If I use the display property as: "table-cell, table-row,.v.v.", so in the FireFox, It is good. But in IE7, It is unsupported for these properties, the table will be broken. If I use the Float: left and Width: , so the cells which have the different data, they will make the height of cells differently, So the table is very bad. How to solving this problem?thank you for the suggestion.

You have to keep in mind that IE needs allot more direction than Firefox globaly does, so keep in mind that you might want to define height, width, top, left properties.As far as your question, it's rather bluntly put, don't really see what your problem is exactly at this moment.Edit: also keep in that working with tables is great, but basically everything you are creating with the <table> function can be made with CSS's Divs, you just have to position a couple of things a bit more from time to time.

Why are you trying to simulate a table with <div> elements? There's probably a better way to work things out.If it's tabular data, use a table. If it's not, then use float, margin and padding on the elements to get them to go where they need to.

Archived