Need Php Help! (moderate)

Jonathan Harvey

I'm working on starting an online company, where people can choose a membership option, pay for it, then access the features that come with it. I know that to securely proccess credit cards I should be using a merchant account and proccesor like abs worldpay and an ssl certificate. But what I don't know is how I would make it so after they pay they can access the features that come with their membership account, and how to keep those who haven't paid out. I'm not neccisarily a begginer at php but I'm not a master either.Thanks for the help!

moving this to php forumnow this is way too big a task to really give a specific direction but generally you will need to do the following:1. Have a user login/authentication system. You will need a database (you could use an xml file but you would have to configure the web server not to server your password file.2. Each of the pages that contain a paid feature would have to check your authentication system to ensure the user is logged and that their payment is up to date.3. When you are dealing with people's money you should really know what you are doing or hire a pro. If you mess up with people's money or their personal information gets comprimised you will be liable.

moving this to php forumnow this is way too big a task to really give a specific direction but generally you will need to do the following:1. Have a user login/authentication system. You will need a database (you could use an xml file but you would have to configure the web server not to server your password file.2. Each of the pages that contain a paid feature would have to check your authentication system to ensure the user is logged and that their payment is up to date.3. When you are dealing with people's money you should really know what you are doing or hire a pro. If you mess up with people's money or their personal information gets comprimised you will be liable.
Thanks something is up because I was sure I posted it in the php forum in the first place :) Thats a lot of help right there, because even though I learned php I haven't applied it enough to know the best stategies for different types of projects and thats why I'm doing this, for the most part as practice.as far as accepting payment goes I think I'm going to go with paypal, it's the easiest (from what I've heard and read) to set up and use. Plus people trust it the most.

Archived