Beta Testing + Feedback On My Php Site

gameboyz

Umm, I don't have any image URLs under 13 characters.For the automation, look at Cron Jobs.

Umm, I don't have any image URLs under 13 characters.For the automation, look at Cron Jobs.
Sorry for the confusion.The 13 characters thing you see on the home page is the ID. To generate an ID you have to go to http://fabcode.org/secureshare/generate Currently only tinypic-hosted images ending with .jpg are supported, it's a bug (my badness) and I'm working on supporting EVERY file extension that tinypic allows.For the image URL just use http:// xxx.tinypic.com/ xxxxxx.jpg it works. Of course I'd appreciate if you could try to hack the system in any way possible, that just goes towards securing the whole site even more.:)

Okay anyway any general precautions to securing a site against common methods of hacking?edit: How do you write a script such that: If it encounters an error, it runs

die("Error message here");

, execution of other "success" strings are stopped but the HTML tags are unaffected so the HTML structure still flows smoothly instead of like, being cut off halfway so there is no end tags for half the elements.

Edited by gameboyz

To prevent SQL injection, you use mysql_real_escape_string() on things put in the database.For the errors, you just echo something, and use if ... else:

//code...if ($bad) {	echo "error message";} else {	echo "success message";}//code...

Edited by Synook

To prevent SQL injection, you use mysql_real_escape_string() on things put in the database.For the errors, you just echo something, and use if ... else:
//code...if ($bad) {	echo "error message";} else {	echo "success message";}//code...

Okay thanks! The 2nd part, didn't occur to me before lol!I might be aborting this secureshare idea for something more practical.. hmm :)