Your Thoughts Please

thescientist

www.seasonsnh.comJust thought maybe you guys could give me your feedback. This is kind of my first big project (for money! :)) so I'm just hoping to get some critical/technical reviews of it as well. Thanks in advance!

Papyrus. ARGH :)Alright, it's not too bad, but please, no Papyrus.

I admit the home page seems a little lacking, but that was because I was going to make a quick little flash intro that wasn't taking all that quick to make, so I just threw this current one together.

Awesome that it validates, and everything works. The layout is good. My only suggestions would be to try to make a higher res picture for your header, it is a bit fuzzy around some of the words and edges. The second is when you are on something other than the index, the menu seems to be really tall because it is the same color as the header and the submenu. Perhaps some sort of border, or a different shade.

Awesome that it validates, and everything works. The layout is good. My only suggestions would be to try to make a higher res picture for your header, it is a bit fuzzy around some of the words and edges. The second is when you are on something other than the index, the menu seems to be really tall because it is the same color as the header and the submenu. Perhaps some sort of border, or a different shade.
thanks for your input, I do agree that the header could be sharpened up a bit, but I'm not the sharpest tool inthe shed when it comes to Photoshop... :)As far as the menu itself goes, the idea was that the page you are on would be green and the submenu would also be green as a way of showing one the correlation that the submenu is a "sub" menu of the current page that you're on. Sort of a way to funnel your attention down so you can see what your options are within that page. Only the index page and contact page don't have submenus because of the berevity of those specific pages.Thanks everyone who commented on the site, seems to be a winner so far! (for the most part...) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The photos are very nice, the background is a repetitive and maybe you should give a little more information on the homepage about the place. I would love to stay in a place like that though!

For the job it wants to do, the site seems great: Simple, explanatory, attractive. Nav could use some work. Try sticking to a color theme on the nav, such as simply a darker color for the rollover. Also, as someone mentioned, always a home link. Also, it hesitated a bit when the page loaded, as if the images hadn't been optimized.If you're working with PS that has ImageReady, do what you want with the image, and then press Ctrl+Alt+Shift, then Enter. If you don't know, try it. That saves the image for web. Then you can choose different options. If you stick to about 100K for larger images, like the bg, you should be fine. Don't get crazy with image 'footprints', though. 'Footprint' is slang for how large in memory a file is. Most people have broadband now. And it seems like the target audience for this website is people who have a few bucks to spend on a vacation, thus, likely to have bb.My 2¢.Adam

For the job it wants to do, the site seems great: Simple, explanatory, attractive. Nav could use some work. Try sticking to a color theme on the nav, such as simply a darker color for the rollover. Also, as someone mentioned, always a home link. Also, it hesitated a bit when the page loaded, as if the images hadn't been optimized.If you're working with PS that has ImageReady, do what you want with the image, and then press Ctrl+Alt+Shift, then Enter. If you don't know, try it. That saves the image for web. Then you can choose different options. If you stick to about 100K for larger images, like the bg, you should be fine. Don't get crazy with image 'footprints', though. 'Footprint' is slang for how large in memory a file is. Most people have broadband now. And it seems like the target audience for this website is people who have a few bucks to spend on a vacation, thus, likely to have bb.My 2¢.Adam
thanks for the imageready and image size info, I'll definitely look into optimizing my images! :)

Archived