My First Java Script Site

KyleKJune

You don't make Javascript websites, you can only make HTML or XHTML websites.I think your code isn't working. Despite seeing many alerts in the source code, they don't seem to be appearing. Which browsers did you test it on?Actually, the reason it's not working is because the document it taking very long to load, so the load event isn't being fired.

You don't make Javascript websites, you can only make HTML or XHTML websites.I think your code isn't working. Despite seeing many alerts in the source code, they don't seem to be appearing. Which browsers did you test it on?Actually, the reason it's not working is because the document it taking very long to load, so the load event isn't being fired.
i meant my first site with java script.i tested it in google chrome and internet explorer. (i think google chrome is the best browser you can get.)i just tested it in firefox and your right it doesnt load fast enough is there a way i can fix this?i want the alert boxes to start when they click the link.after they get out of the alert boxes it sends them to my sites homepage where they can get other prank rolls links to send to there friends.can you help?

i fixed the not loading the alert problem.thank you for pointing it out.i was using onload in the body tag before which does not work in firefox.i fixed it.is there a way to make it so when they click the exit button it wont exit your site?

• 2 weeks later...
is there a way to make it so when they click the exit button it wont exit your site?
You've already achieved that. I had to close the browser with Task Manager to get out of your site.

I liked it better when the alerts didn't work.

Thank god for Opera's "Stop executing scripts on this page" checkbox on alert boxes. That's a pretty brutal site. That's like pollution for the internet.
U can say that again!If I would care to make such a site I would do this:
while (true) { // then i would make a nice flashing background with it:var colours = ["black", "red", "blue", "yellow", "green", "brown", "violet"];for (var i = 0; i < 7; i++) { if (i == 7) {  i = 0; } alert("I Hope you're using Opera"); // Don't post something saying that the background will only flicker when i press the button because i know document.body.style.bgColor = colours[i];}}

I am evil :)

Thank god for Opera's "Stop executing scripts on this page" checkbox on alert boxes. That's a pretty brutal site. That's like pollution for the internet.
Same with Chrome :)

Archived